The City Clerk’s Office Can Help You Find People!
City Clerk’s Office – Find People
Are you trying to find people or that special someone who may live or work in a particular city? Yes? Then before you start surfing the Internet–wasting needless energy and causing yourself undue discomfort–try contacting the City Clerk’s Office.
It’s true… The City Clerk’s Office can be a great resource to find people. Here’s why:
- They can search voter records in the event your missing person is a registered voter.
- If your missing person has a particular trade or profession, the City Clerk’s Office can provide you with a list of possible / likely employers.
- If your missing person works for the city, the City Clerk can provide the correct department to contact.
- The City Clerk’s Office will likely have access to a local phone directory. Ask nicely, and let their fingers do the walking.
- The City Clerk’s Office has a lot information on County residents. If you have your subject’s last known address, give it to the City Clerk. They may be able to provide the phone number of the current resident. Then contact the current resident and see if they can assist you.
- If you are searching for someone in a small town, the City Clerk and staff may know them personally.
To obtain the phone number for a particular City Clerk’s Office, call directory assistance. If you need help calling directory assistance, please read our prior post on how to find people with directory assistance. You can also obtain a City Clerk’s phone number by googling the following: “city clerk’s office xyz county.” (Please replace xyz with the county name. We’re begging you!)
If you have any questions on how to find people by contacting the City Clerk’s Office, please leave a comment. We’ll write you back pronto!